Thursday, February 28, 2013

Red Peyote Bracelet and Orange Herringbone




I stitched up a quick, basic peyote stitch bracelet this week. I used size 6/0 seed beads in red with a bluish tint. Although it is simple I think the colors in the beads blend well together and give it a lacy, transparent quality. I still need to finish the clasp. I think a matching beaded button clasp will complete it nicely.



I also used some of the same beads in another bracelet, but in a completely different style. This time I used herringbone stitch with shimmery orange delica seed beads. I jazzed it up with inserts of size 6/0 beads in the red/blue tone and size 11/0 orange seed beads. I haven't done much beading with an orange color scheme and I am thrilled with the vibrant color combo.

I enjoyed doing herringbone stitch a lot and I will probably try to incorporate more herringbone projects in the future. It's great how trying a new technique can spark a creative burst of ideas. In fact, it always seems to jump start me out of an artistic funk. So try new things! Whether it is a new material, technique, color, style, or whatever...it helps to push your creative boundaries as an artist.


No comments:

Post a Comment